Branche: Hydroelectric power stations
Renovation of the turbine gearbox on the ‘Erba’ locks in Bamberg/Gaustadt
The powerful 500 hp gearbox is the oldest KACHELMANN GEARBOX still in use in Germany. It was developed and manufactured in the 1948 by the Jakob Kachelmann und Sohn company. At that time the company headquarters were still at Geyerswörth in the Bamberg city centre. As many companies did at that time, Kachelmann also used the water power of the mills there to drive their machines. In the 1960s the company then moved their headquarters to Strullendorf near Bamberg, where they are today.
Gearbox removed, completely disassembled in the Kachelmann factory, gearing parts reworked, housing measured and reworked, roller bearing replaced, assembly, test run
Duration of work: 2 weeks